Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! What is your opinion on Boppy vs. My Breast Friend Pillow? I had a Boppy for my first three kiddos, that was flooded in Katrina. I used it the first few months for nursing then once the baby was bigger I also used the Boppy when they were learning to sit up. Anyway, now with #4 on the way I'm wondering if I should purchase another Boppy or is the Breast Friend better? Thanks!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've only used boppies, but I've heard better things about My Breast Friend. DS is getting too big to comfortably nurse on his Boppy, but needs some support because he'll inly nurse in the football hold...I've been thinking about making the switch...

·
Registered
188 Posts
My BreastFriend hands down, no contest!! It is the best! It is by Breast Friend!! I used the bobby in the first few weeks and dd would fall through - the MBF is like a shelf and you then have your hands free. I LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Sorry about all thestuff and memories you lost.
I have both. I lived my brest friend for the first few weeks. After that it got cymbersone and my DD does not seems to find it comfortable. So we now use the boppy style most of the time. Except if she is really fussy and I nurse on the exercise ball. Then I strap the brest friend on. For the little use I am doing of it, I'd say go straight to the Boppy.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I also recieved both at my shower. I found they both had benefits depending on what position or location we were nursing in. Now that baby is older the bobby is helping to support him in his first sitting attempts. It's kind of hard to say which i like better. The BF had a removable cover for easier washing, but bobby sells pillow cases that fit for $10.
The pillows were helpful early on, but after about 8 weeks on - we didn't need them.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have just started breastfeeding and have used both pillows and I have to say I prefer the Breast Friend. As a new mother, I found it to help more with positioning because it is flatter on the top than the boppy therefore making it easier to hold the baby when putting her near me. Perhaps a more experienced breastfeeding mother does not need the extra edge but I did. On the downside, it is bigger than the Boppy which can make it harder to travel with but since I use the pillows only at home I say the Breast Friend.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jchizever View Post
My BreastFriend hands down, no contest!! It is the best! It is by Breast Friend!! I used the bobby in the first few weeks and dd would fall through - the MBF is like a shelf and you then have your hands free. I LOVE IT!!

I TOTALLY Agree. No Contest. Get a MyBreastFriend! It has backsupport!

·
Registered
58 Posts
When we were having positioning difficulties, I used My BreastFriend and it really helped! (I had to use football hold for the first few months) It was very secure and the back support was pretty good. (Someone asked about plus size ~ I was about a size 18 after pregnancy and it worked fine)

It is pretty wide though, so there were a couple chairs that I really couldn't use it in (narrow with high arms). For nursing sitting up in bed it was great! I had a Boppy, but never really used it for nursing ~ just couldn't get a good position with it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have both. This is my first child so BF was a totally new experience for me. I originally only had the Boppy. It was okay but with a new baby I was still putting pillows under the Boppy to get the baby closer to me. However it is "flexible" so it is easy to manipulate into positions you want to sit in. Around week 3 I got My Brest Friend. I really like how it helped me to get my DS into the correct positions and I felt supported so my hands could work on the latch and now stroke his head and play with his ears or hold his hand...The fact that it is shelf-like is a nice feature...I don't care for the back support b/c I find it actually hurts b/c the support doesn't go far enough up...I end up putting a pillow higher up so my whole back has a cushion. Its firmness doesn't allow you to squish into tighter chairs or spaces either.

At 13w, I use both pillows daily...I use MBF to BF my son, then I use the Boppy to hold him after feeding when I need free hands.

I will also add that I nurse using the cross cradle hold when I BF so I think this is why I prefer MBF...Boppy I find better for the football hold b/c its sides are more supportive than its middle...MBF isn't as good for football hold b/c you have to wear the pillow sorta sideways

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.