Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you use Borax on the diapers? DH bought some of this to kill ants outside, and I was reading the side of it and it's for laundry. Can you use it on dipes? Anyone ever tried it?

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
There are people on here who use it. I personally never have b/c I think it's too harsh but there are people here who use it w/success.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I bought some, but it's been sitting in the closet, because I wasn't sure if you should. I've read on a few sites that it's okay to use it once in a while and that it's good for stripping odor residue. I have heard, though, that it can be harsh on diapers and that it shouldn't be used on a regular basis. I haven't had any smell issues yet, so I haven't ventured to try.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicey Momma
I didn't know you could use it to kill ants! Now I am excited! :LOL
T You can also use it for fleas and cockroaches; put it in the carpet, it will stick to them when they crawl over it. They will "groom" themselves, consuming the powder, and they will be "dehydrated" to death!
T

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RufusBeans
T You can also use it for fleas and cockroaches; put it in the carpet, it will stick to them when they crawl over it. They will "groom" themselves, consuming the powder, and they will be "dehydrated" to death!
T

YEP! That's what I use it for. Works great for fleas!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hmm, never heard the harsh part.
I use it with every wash. Actually I do my cold soak with Borax....every time
:
I've never had any trouble at all with damage or anything to PUL, elastic, fleece, hemp, cpf's, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use it in my wet pail, and have never had a problem with it.
It really helps to cut down on the smell
, and keep the diapers white.
I wash just about everyother day, so they don't sit in it for too long.
My Mother used it on all of ur cloth diapers (that where used for 3 kids) so I can't see that it would be that harsh if those diapers lasted that long!

Mimi
SAHMommy to 3 little Monsters

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.