Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1987 chevy celebrity station wagon and I am trying to install my TrueFit. It has all lap belts in the back... the middle is just a regular lapbelt and the sides are pull out lap belts with ELRs. First I tried to install the carset in the middle of course, but the buckle was too long so I read online that I could twist it up to 3 times, so I tried that and it is still too long. So... I put the car seat on the passenger side, outboard, and pulled that seat belt all the way out and buckled it into one of the buckles meant for the center/left passenger belts. I have a really really tight install with this but... is it safe? is it allowed? I don't need those buckles, I only have one kid and this car is just temporary while I save the money for a better one.

Is it at least safe until I can make it to the county to have it "professionaly" installed? What will they do about the buckle problem... a belt shortening clip?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
You would have to look in your car manual or call the manufacturer and see what they say. You other option is just moving the seat outboard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.