Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know what people think: two months into coming back from maternity leave, my boss pulls me aside to tell me that he is "worried about my billable hours because of pumping." and then yesterday (i've been back for 4 months now), he said that he "knows everything there is to know about breastfeeding."

is this guy out of line or just a jerk? thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
He's out of line. He has no reason to talk to you about breastfeeding. Maybe he thinks he is being supportive or helpful, but there's no way he can know everything about it unless he has done it himself and is a LC.
http://www.dol.gov/whd/nursingmothers/
According to the Department of Labor, your employer is required to give you adequate break time to pump for the first year. It sounds like you are a lawyer so your boss should be familiar with laws.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hmmm the "I know everything about breastfeeding" line may be him trying to be helpful/supportive but it's definitely patronizing and out of line. Pokeyac linked to a great resource. I think your boss may need a respectful re-education on your rights as a nursing mother

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.