Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
I love my Dr Browns. I am exclusively pumping and mine had colic and this really helped cut down on her gassiness. Also, it's suppose to retain more vitamins. But, glass is a much better conductor of heat so when you have a crying little one, it's nice when it heats up faster. I know they are only a few really good ones out there. Slow flow nipples are really good to have if you are going to be breastfeeding because they have to work a little harder for the milk.

· Registered
534 Posts
My DS would only drink from fat bottles. He never took a skinny one. I got a Avent bottle for free from babies r us when he registered and that's the one he liked. He's getting refuse that one too now because he really prefers the real thing (me).
He's 7 months old now and I just bought a 9oz breastflow bottle and I'm pretty excited to see if it works. He only gets one bottle a week, so I've got two more days before we try it out. I believe that's what a lot of mom's like here. Target carried it.

· Registered
1,340 Posts
I see a lot of different bottle brands as a postpartum doula. My favorites are Dr. Browns and Born Free. Both are available in BPA-free plastic and in glass. The nipple you use will depend upon the size and efficiency of your baby to suck.

· Registered
3,081 Posts
we are using glass Dr. Brown's and glass Munchkins. DS has recently been getting far more boob than bottle and seemed to not like it for a couple days, so I got a breastflow and he did great with that too; this one encourages him to latch like he would a breast, which is great and he can control the flow rather than just drowning in milk.

FWIW I started him on bottles in the 2nd week due to engorgement issues: just could not get him to latch at night; he did fine during the day. Granted this is normally encouraged by most LC's but I was getting desperate and he was hungry . . . now he only gets a bottle the 2 days I'm at work. the other days I WAH.

- HTH

· Registered
1,390 Posts
I used Playtex Drop-ins with the slow-flow nipple. Not very environmentally friendly, but they were the only bottles DS would take. They are BPA free.

· Registered
1,937 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowMoon View Post
I used Playtex Drop-ins with the slow-flow nipple. Not very environmentally friendly, but they were the only bottles DS would take. They are BPA free.
This is what I'm using right now (with a silicone nipple) because I got it for free and I can recycle my drop-ins (not everyone can recycle them, unfortunately). However, I will be trying a Breastflow because I really like the idea of controlling the flow.

· Registered
739 Posts
We also use the Breastflow bottles and DD has no problem going back and forth between them and the breast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.