Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi<br>
First I am not a homeschooler although I've thought about it quite a bit.<br>
However I had a favor.<br>
My daughter goes to a very poor catholic school.<br>
Many of the children don't pay tuition or just pay very little.<br>
I love the place. The staff is amazing with what they can do with the facilities they have and are always amusing me with the resources they come up with.<br>
They recycle everything.<br>
Anyway they are trying to get box tops for education this year so we can purchase some computers. Being that you all are homeschoolers I am wondering if anyone would be willing to save yours to send to me?<br>
They are the ones on the top of the boxes for cereal etc.<br>
The school would appreciate it so much.<br>
Please let me know thanks.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Just pulled one off the Cheerios box today. I wil save them for you. Might take me awhile to get together enough to send you but You can have them.<br><br>
Patti

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
our homeschool group saves them so I haven't got any to spare. If you really want to jump on board for this get with the coordinater and ask her if she needs some help. There are great activities to raise tops in the coordinaors books and ways to get local businesses involved.<br><br>
here is what we are doing:<br><br>
everyoine signs thier box tops. All year we are hounding local businesses to donate gift certificates and prizes. In sring we wil draw as many names as possible . for every box top yoiu get a chance to win.<br><br>
Also I always bring it up. At every meeting we have. They match and give out free stuff for doing al sorts of things. right now each person who signs up for the booster club gets 15 tops for thier school. that is a buck fifity oer person. Many people in that school may not have a computer. have a sign up day at your next open houseor have a computer be there during mass to get people signed up. If you sign up 100 people that is 150.00 or a large chunk of computer. we got $20.00 in matching from box tops just for getting ours in. It adds up pretty quickly. Be sure parent know what has box tops on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts