Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Male sperm survive better in an alkaline environment and female sperm survive better in an acidic environment. I've heard that you can douche with baking soda prior to intercourse to make the environment more alkaline.

Female sperm live longer than male sperm, but male sperm swim faster than female sperm. So, the best chance to conceive a boy would be the day before or the day you ovulate. If you have a regular cycle you can chart and know precisley when you will ovulate and increase your chances for conceiving a boy.

I am pregnant with my second boy. We wanted boys, but we didn't do anything special. However, I am GBS+ and have learned an alkaline environment is more favorable for colonization of GBS. Also, we had sex less than 2 days prior to ovulation both times. So maybe both theories worked in our favor!

HTH!

Amy

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just found out I am having a boy. FYI--I was kind of sad because I wanted another gir. Curious why you wanted a boy-thinking maybe this would cheer me up. But..back to your question. Here are some things that were different this time. I ate more red meat-prior to conceiving number one, I was very close to being a vegatarian. After I become pregnant, I introduced red meat for extra protein and just never stopped. Also, I used to not eat breakfast and since number one, I have cereal every morning--apparently these are two things that stack having a boy in your favor. Finally-I was 15 pound heavier and I am also told that moms who don't quite lose the baby weight have a greater chance of having a boy. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.