Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else boycotting TV and radio news for the next couple weeks like me?

I had enough of his shite in the 80's.

For now, if I do turn it on, I'm stickin to the Red Sox, HGTV and Queer Eye.

·
Premium Member
31,346 Posts
Tivo!

anyway, I have been severly limiting my news exposer of late. Mainly because it's so freaking depressing and there doesn't seem to be a thing I can do about it.

my timing couldn't be more perfect though, especially since I got satellite radio. I don't even have to deal with it while listening to music if I don't want to ( I have to choose to turn on the news radio programs.

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I might need to end my boycott temporarily. Flying the corpse across the country twice? Mommy in favor of using aborted fetuses to help Alzheimers victims, like her hubby?

This is getting surreal.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Coverage? What coverage?

Oh, yeah, I saw a photo of Nancy Reagan at his casket in the paper. Turned the page. That's easy.

And I keep walking by the newspaper kiosks with the Time & Newsweek magazines with the same photo.

(Remember? I'm the NO-TV person. I've offered to do interventions, too. But no one wanted them then. Maybe they would now. Hee, hee hee.
)

Ahhhhhh. Life without a television. mmmmmmm.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I turn the tv on for about 30 minutes in the morning. I catch most of the important local news and weather. For any other news, I rely on the internet. I can choose what to read and what to pass up.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Ok, I'm a tv junkie (fer hell sakes my husband works for the cable co.)
:.

Even *I* have turned it off.

It's on regis and smelly, it's on that dang bawbwa wawas talk show in the am, it's on our evening news, and they even broke in on a soap...the nerve of em (my friend told me, cuz I don't watch that crap, soaps irritate me too).

Who is that blond woman that shouts "stop the insanity"? We need her to interrupt the evening news...I would rather see that bald chic screaming than watching this crap. I have even been getting our local weather off of the internet...

I tell ya, Ronnie didn't have to have all this pomp and crap, his family could of opted for a smaller more quiet ceremony, but hell.....acting runs in the family....right?

It just reafirms why my entire family wants to be cremated.
It is so disgusting how they want to fly a dead carcass all around to be "viewed".
I mean, does anyone really buy that he is actually in that casket they are staring at?

We were shit poor during the 80's...how did his reganeconomics help us? My dad's small business got eaten up by larger "small" businesses.

Ok, I am boycotting.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Tow words: "Children's programming". Thank goodness for Nick, Disney, and PBS.

Though I'm not against seeing some coverage. I will indeed turn the channel when I get tired of it.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
yep. dadadadada pbs kids! woooO! not that it's a big shift for me really, we don't have cable, and i've not watched tv in a couple months, except taped hbo shows

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotmamacita
Been too busy to watch TV for ages....

...but DaryLLL, if I do.....it'll be to watch....the....Yankees......

Pffff.

Daryl, born and raised in Rosie O'Donnell country.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.