Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started part-time diaper free with my son at four weeks. He is six weeks now. I started out holding him over the sink, but he is getting to be too heavy.

I was very excited to get my Baby Bjorn Potty Chair yesterday. I held him over it, and he peed all over me.
Granted, I was trying the advanced move of feeding him while on the chair. But, even this morning, just doing regular squat holds over the potty seat insert, it was tricky to make sure that he aimed inside.

Does anybody have any recommendations for how to make the Baby Bjorn work with a baby boy? Or any other suggestions of what would work better for a me with an infant of six weeks (10 lbs)?

Also, he isn't seem to like it. He did take a pee this morning, but he was crankier than usual, and only made a trickle. Advice appreciated.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
I haven't used a newer style of BB potties but used their older models Splash-Proof and Little Potty with my boys. To start with the older one (who was 2 mo old and 25 lbs), I would set the potty on the counter next to the sink so that we were in the same position he was used to and I was always aiming him down into the sink (and then into the potty). Over a few days, I gradually lowered him closer to the potty until he was touching it and then let more and more of his weight onto it until he was fully sitting, though I was still holding him around the waist and sometimes still aiming him down.

It might not be the right potty to use while nursing; perhaps a top hat potty in your lap would work better for that (I would even use an open diaper under their bum for that)

Mostly, it's all practice and figuring out what works best for you. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts