Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my dd The Body Book for Girls from the American Girl company back when she was 8 or 9 since I saw the changes coming and wanted to prepare her. I'd like to do the same for my ds who will be 9 in a few more months.

Wondering if any of you parents out there had found any good books that help explain puberty for boys. My dh is a wonderful guy but isn't as relaxed about body things like I am and when I brought up talking about things like wet dreams with our son I could see just how uncomfortable he would be with it. I have no problem talking to my son about the stages his body will be going thru but I honestly don't understand them all that well myself...not having gone thru them myself. My dd I had no problems with. So any good books out there that will help this mama help her son grow up with body confidence? Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Our favorite is The Teenage Guys Survival Guide
[http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Guys-Survival-Guide-Growing/dp/0316178241/ref=pd_sim_b_4/103-0109448-0365433

My ds is almost 12 and definaitely in the midst of puberty. Dh is not comfortable discussing things with him. I bring things up but I can feel him cringe when I start to ask about "changes" he is experiencing. I ask if he is reading his books and make sure to let him know that he can ask any questions he has. I also make sure I keep everything he says confidential so that he feels safe coming to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts