Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get me wrong, I love bra shopping. Really love it. But I don't want to buy a bra that I'll outgrow before the bananas on my counter turn brown. So I've been a 36C/34D forever. My small-fitting bras are clearly too small, and the larger ones are starting to give me that double-boob look. I figured I'd just go out and buy a couple bras one size up--I even have a Victoria's Secret gift certificate stashed away. But this week, my sister, who is normally my size but 26 weeks pregnant to my ten, told me she's an E-cup now. Gulp. How big are these things gonna get? Will I have the boobs that ate Tokyo? Will I have to make my own bras out of a tarp and fishing wire? How much bigger than normal are y'all buying your bras?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'm one of those strange women who don't get bigger during pg. And when I start the pg out nursing, I actually shrink, which is disappointing where you are as small breasted as I am to begin with.<br><br>
I am a nice 36 C when nursing...and I've been wearing my way too big nursing bras and a few bras I had from my prepg days (almost 5 years ago!)<br><br>
Christa

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just bought some 42DDs at walmart (the biggest they had). I might need to spend some cash on some new bravados. I hate spending a lot on bras, but I might just have to do it (my bravados from last pg are pretty stretched out.)

·
Registered
513 Posts
My philosophy is take good care of your breasts!!! They work so hard and you deserve a perfect fitting bra. I launder my bras very carefully and never put them in the dryer. It gives them a longer life span. Now that my giant nursing boobs are a bit smaller, I'm back in my first pregnancy bras so I feel like it's worth the investment. I was a 32D to start my first pg. and purchased new bras twice-once at 16ish weeks size 34 DD and again at about 30 weeks 34DDD or F. THEN, my milk came in! Yikes! So my first batch of nursing bras were up one more cup size to 34G. Since I've been nursing over a year, my boobs started to shrink again at about 9 months of nursing so I'm back to a respectable 32DD. Now I'm pg again and still nursing and don't notice them changing either way. Treat yourself and your body to new bras!!! Your boobs deserve all the help they can get.<br><br>
Also, I have a sister who was pg the same time as me and even though our EDD were 10 apart, her belly and her boobs were WAY bigger than mine even though we both gained about the same amount of weight. I would use your sister as a gauge, but don't expect to have the exact same experience as her.

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yikes, a G cup? I get the feeling I'm in for it. I think I'll just buy one or two bras one size up and see how long those fit properly.<br>
I know there are more serious pregnancy concerns and cleavage sounds a little trivial, but I totally agree with you--I believe in giving your breasts the very best you can. I totally have a lingerie fetish and I hate badly-fitted bras that make your boobs look wierd/lumpy/saggy. I know once I'm actually hugely pregnant or nursing, I won't be thinking so much about the whole pert girlish figure thing, but still, I don't want to lose all concern about my appearance. And they do make pretty nursing bras, right?

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
I have found my Bravado bra has lasted through every crazy boob size I've gone through in the past 3 years, & is extremely comfy. I'm wearing it right now in fact. But I'm bored to DEATH of it & desperately need some new bras. I personally am 34b when not pg/bfeeding, & reach up to a 36dd when my milk comes in after birthing.

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
They do make pretty nursing bras, but I prefer the plain cotton myself, and those aren't very pretty unfortunately. Bravado has a leopard print but those aren't my favourite bras once I get to the point where I care how I look again.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I went from a 36C, to a 38D overnight when I got pregnant. Now at 10 weeks I'm still a 38D. I found some good bras at Walmat for 5 bucks that I've been wearing. However I have to admit, I'm cheap and I also do not want to spend a ton of money for stuff I'm going to wear for a couple of months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts