Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is only 4.5 years old, but I know he will most likely need them, so we want to save up now.<br>
So how much do they cost?<br>
Are there any insurance plans out there for self employed that would help with the cost?<br><br>
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Mine were $8,500, but I got them as a young adult, not as a child. Dental insurance paid the first $2,500 of the bill. I put money aside in my flexible spending account to cover the rest and paid the ortho monthly during my treatment, which took about two years.<br><br>
But I live in an area with a high cost of living, and my ortho's office was downtown, near my work. I suspect it's a LOT cheaper in other areas, so don't let my numbers scare you.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've had braces twice once when I was 17 and then again at 27. The 1st time they were 4200 then the second time they were 4500 with the same Dr but he did give me a 1000 off which was nice since it wasn't his fault that everytime I got pregnant my teeth got loose and shifted. I know my Dr did a deal where you paid 500 down and then they spread out the payments over 2 years without interest.<br><br>
Tina

·
Registered
643 Posts
My son JUST got his braces off and they cost me just over $6000. The Orthodontist requested a deposit of $1300 at the first visit and then post dated cheques for the rest of the amount owed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts