Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to sign up for a childbirth classes in the next couple of weeks, but I just can't decide between the Bradley Method and Hypnobabies. I have heard good things about both. One important thing is to get my husband involved. He's not much of a reader, and I can tell that he is anxious about supporting me during labor, so I want to pick a class that will also boost his confidence in being my support person. Any advice?

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I've done both and they both have great strong points, and both cover many important things equally. Bradley is more information intensive, important if you'll be in the hospital and asked to make a lot of medical choices. Hypnobabies is focused on a positive confident approach, the method instills more self reliance (but supported still if you like, the partner gets trained to guide you) whereas Bradley encourages you to lean on your husband as coach a lot more in many ways. Both set up kind of one right way to approach birthing: for a Bradley Birth it is 100% natural and spontaneous birth where you go limp and relaxed for each contraction or wave, for Hypnobabies it's under self hypnosis, limp and relaxed again and in a mental state that's meant to ease all the sensations and tension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts