Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK; So I think I'm just being dense due to this baby eating my brain but ...

I'm reading the Bradley book and I'm confused about how he describes pelvic rocking.

You're on all fours - hands and knees - then how do you move your bottom? Is it back and forth, like horizontally? Are you arching and rounding your back? Or are you actually moving your butt up and down - like moving your bottom so it almost rests on your heels and then raising it up again?

Such a moron ....

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've always done pelvic rocks as arching and concaving your back so that your pelvis rocks around your hips, but I'm no bradley expert so maybe someone else can tell you for sure.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mariew View Post
I've always done pelvic rocks as arching and concaving your back so that your pelvis rocks around your hips, but I'm no bradley expert so maybe someone else can tell you for sure.
We do pelvic rocks in my pre-natal yoga class. Start on all fours- hands under shoulders and knees under hips. Make sure your back is in a neutral position like a flat tabletop (be sure not to arch or let your lower back fall). Exhale and round your back. Release by inhaling back to the neutral position.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Get on hands and knees like pp said with a flat back, then when you inhale tuck your head down and arch your back up like a cat, exhale and go back to the flat back. That's how I do it.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I'm a Bradley Instructor, and I'm going to say that we differ in how we recommend these specific exercises. You do not want to arch your back. It's not like the yoga position. You should be on all fours and trying to keep your back mostly still (it's going to move up and down SOME, that's fine). Then you begin to rock your pelvis forward. Picture it like your tilting your pelvis forward and then back. I hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.