Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to slip the outside stitch knitwise on both the knit and purl rows to get a braided edge?? I have a gorgeous edge on the side that slips knitwise, but it's definetly not the same on the other side.....

· Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my knit rows I've been slipping the 1st stitch as if to knit, and slipping it as if to purl on the purl rows. The edge where I slip purlwise just looks much different, and I don't like it! I want both edges to looks the same, the way they do on the knitwise slipped side. I think we're talking about the same thing!

· Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I've done it both ways now - slipping both sides k-wise and slipping each respective side in keeping with the stitch for that side, either K or P. I'm doing a simple stockinette piece, so of course every other row is P. Slipping pwise on the purl rows does make the braided look, but it has a noticeable purl bump on the braid. Slipping K wise on the purl row just makes a mess. Someone help me~!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.