Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Aww, that's so sad!

I have the same thing written in my power of attorney for healthcare. I dont want my life prolonged UNLESS I am pregnant and there is a chance the baby could survive. I'm glad I already made the decision though, so that my family doesnt have to guess at what I would want.

·
Registered
76 Posts
oh my gosh-- what a difficult situation! I do think I would want my husband to do exactly what he is doing-- if I coul somehow provide life to my child, at least i would feel that something came from my death
heather

·
Registered
10,797 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodWillHunter
If that were my child and me brain dead, I would want the child to fully gestate. It's the only thing left of me.... and the child deserves to live.

nak

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Oh, how sad.

I told Mike before our first birthing that if anything happened to me, that I'd want them to wait until my milk came in so the baby could have that before they let me go. Were I in this situation, I would feel the same way. Mike thought it was creepy, but if there is any way to keep one death from becoming two, that would be my wish.

Wow. This poor family.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodWillHunter
If that were my child and me brain dead, I would want the child to fully gestate. It's the only thing left of me.... and the child deserves to live.
Me too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.