Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking tonight that we need to make it harder and harder for people to circ their boys in N. America. We could demand that medical societies protect boys better by requiring that every boy be blood tested for clotting ability in their blood. This is something that is checked for other operations and it would save the lives of the hemophiliac boys. Of course, the real agenda would be to make circ such a hassle that docs don't want to bother and can't make a profit.
It would let parents know that there is a risk of hemmorhage and death from circ, too.

The other thing I've been thinking about all weekend is that we need to write letters to the Manitoba College of Physicians and Surgeons demanding to know the names of the parents involved in the coerced circ fiasco. We could let them know that we feel full disclosure is necessary in order to advise the parents of the potential to sue their dr for malpractise. Mostly the cases are settled without going to court but that boy should be getting some compensation for the loss of a full sex life. Then, when the College says "no" we should take that to the press and run an ad in the local paper asking the parents to come forward.

I believe that circumcision will end rapidly when the heat gets turned up under the doctors bums. What do others think about these ideas?
Baybee

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Ooooh... Neat ideas!

That actually would cut circumcision deaths substantially and probably circumcisions overall at once as well!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The best way I can think of to make circ. difficult is to get both private insurance companies and Medicaid to stop paying for it. In the UK, the circ. rate dropped like a stone when the National Health Trust dropped circ. from its coverage.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
And make hospitals stop doing it to newborns. Make parents make a separate appointment to have it done in a surgical center.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Many independent Intactivists are working on all of these goals as we speak across our nation. Anyone who joins www.nocirc.org can get involved in these measures and more and collaborate with other great minds that are physically doing the work to help bring MGM to an end.

You don't have to join NOCIRC to make a dent. You can start a one-woman campaign right out of your own home today. I too think writing letters to private insurance companies telling them how much money they'd save if circ was dropped, is the best route to go. I send letters/info. packs out to insurance companies all the time. But I do need help. Anyone???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts