Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might make some of us feel better to brainstorm ideas on the Kiwi Pie supply and demand problem.

I said this on the KiwiPie thread but I thought about it a little more and
I think it would be a great idea for Maria to do semicustom order slots where each person was just limited to one item.

And they would be semicustom in terms of you pick:
size (S, M, L)
fabric (cashmere, rice cashmere, wool jersey, etc.),
color scheme (boy, girl, or gender neutral)
and Maria does the rest so it would be less work for her than true customs.

I don't like the idea of a lottery because I am the unluckiest person!

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
You know Maria just feels awful about all of this fuss. She wants to make everyone happy. She has been getting awful emails from Mamma's that are so nasty, just because they did not "score" one of her prized covers. Maria is one of the sweetest ladies I know. She would just do anything to help someone out. All of this really has her in a tizzy right before vacation. I hope that she can finally relax and not worry about everyone being mad at her. she'll probably be thinking of how to make everyone happy now on her vacation and how to "fix" her stocking problems.
ANyhow, that's just my 2 cents. But who am I?

Love,
Summie

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've said this before and I still feel like the fairest way to both customers and the WAHMs is to just stock there stores on a random basis, whenever they have stock ready to be sold. No announcements, newsletters, Yahoo Groups etc. This is the only way that everyone gets an equal shot at items. If you are fortunate to be at that WAHMs store when she has instock good for you!

I also think if it were done this way there should be a limit of say 2 items per customer so that people aren't purchasing everything and reselling it to other mamas on the TP! JMO!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, that is just awful. why would someone be nasty to her? she only has 2 hands.

summie, i hope that you didn't think my thread was intended to be nasty. i was just trying to brainstorm on some ideas to reduce the frustration for next time.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
She just sent out an email suggesting opening to custom orders for the mamas who are kiwi-pie-less. But she doesn't want to worry about it until after her vacation.

She really is a very sweet lady, so wel all need to be understanding to her.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I think a lottery is much more fair than random stocking. A semi-custom lottery would give all an equal chance. I have one KP now, and think Maria is right, those without any should get a chance. So, I will not be buying anymore until everyone has a chance to get one!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Why would people send her nasty emails??! That is so ridiculous and immature. It really disapoints me that someone would do that.
:
I don't care if you are here and reading this: If you are one of the people that sent her a mean email GET A LIFE! It's a diaper cover... Worry about more important things, like your freakin' CHILD...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Unfortunately, no matter what she does...be it stock at random times, limit items per person, open customs, etc...there will STILL be people unhappy enough to complain. Ask me how I know.
There is no answer unfortunatly and Maria will just have to ignore those that seem to think it is their *right* to get what they want when they want it. I don't suggest catering to those people.

HUGE hugs to you Maria!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Why don't we just let the WAHMs run their own business. It's not our business to run or ours to brainstorm a solution to. WAHMS are not blind, they read these posts, they know exactly how a stocking goes. It's not their responsiblity to make sure EVERYONE gets one of their products, and we as consumers need to realize that. We all want a KP because they are such great products, but it's not the end of the world if we don't get one. How dare anyone send hate mail to Maria! Who the hell do they think they are? I'm getting more and more upset by all of these greedy-me, me, me threads.

Maybe I need to go on vacation too
Arizona and a Margarita sound really good! LOL!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am really sorry, I was just trying to help.
After all, many heads together can possibly brain storm a possible solution.

I started this thread well before I knew anyone would dare say anything so awful to Maria. I could not even comprehend such meanness happening.

Would you like me to PM a moderator to remove this thread?

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
KLK7 said:
oh, that is just awful. why would someone be nasty to her? she only has 2 hands.

summie, i hope that you didn't think my thread was intended to be nasty. i was just trying to

No, I do not think you were being nasty. I just wanted to voice my love and opinoon of Maria. She is doing so well...if she gets anymore nasty mail, they can deal with ME! LOLOLOL...and I'llllll....I'lll....I'll...Throw some ...uhhh.....
lanolin in their eyes!!!!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLK7
I am really sorry, I was just trying to help.
After all, many heads together can possibly brain storm a possible solution.

I started this thread well before I knew anyone would dare say anything so awful to Maria. I could not even comprehend such meanness happening.

Would you like me to PM a moderator to remove this thread?
No, I know you were just trying to help
I don't think people (myself included) meant to take it out on you. I'm sorry if I did. Forgive me? I just feel so bad for Maria.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokey
Unfortunately, no matter what she does...be it stock at random times, limit items per person, open customs, etc...there will STILL be people unhappy enough to complain.
Yes, you're right. Also, is it really our job to tell WAHM's how *we* think they should solve a problem?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama2kyla
Make it vegas and a margarita and i'll meet ya there
:LOL
I can be there in 3 1/2 hours, less then 2 if I fly! Vegas sounds SO much better than the middle of the desert! AHHH a 'rita by the pool

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joannect
I can be there in 3 1/2 hours, less then 2 if I fly! Vegas sounds SO much better than the middle of the desert! AHHH a 'rita by the pool

I thought Vegas WAS in the desert...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.