Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,317 Posts
it could just be a typical developmental "potty pause" (is she walking yet?) or perhaps is related to the new baby, but either way, just keep offering and talking to her about it "oh your pants are wet, lets get you dry ones and next time you can go in the potty". Also having lots of potty places can help at this stagewhere they're getting more independent and busy and don't want to stop to go all the way to the potty (even multiple potties in the same room)

I think there's about a dozen new-ish threads on this board that all address potty pauses, and it's all applicable regardless of the "why" of the pause =)

· Registered
6,317 Posts
oh, that reminds me of something I did with my boys around that age. When they'd woken up from a nap and had a bit of nursing, I'd put them on the big potty with a small cup of water. The cup would be a bit distracting (so they wouldn't struggle to get down) and having a little sip usually made them realize they needed to pee :thumb

So glad things are working better for you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.