Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
I think you and PP are right, with those developmental changes and life changes happening all at once.

But, I wouldn't worry about the impact of putting her in disposable for a while - that shouldn't affect her current awareness of her "wetness" in cloth. I think you have put her back in cloth? If not, that would be a good idea. Disposables will always feel dryish, so the feelings cues will not be there. So, you haven't really gotten her used to being "wet" all the time - in fact, she may just think that she can be dry in a diaper now.... so returning to the cloth to feel the wetness will certainly help with that - give it time again for her to get back in her groove... :) I also agree that in addition to continuing to encourage pottying and communication and not forcing the issue, if you have several potties in each room (different types even), you may find she just ends up using one rather than another in the moment all on her own. It is about associations at this age, and there is likely just too much going on in her speedy little brain right now.

Enjoy ECIng both of them together!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.