Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're trying to start building a small stash, slowly, to transition DD (22 mo & ~25lb, skinny-ish thighs) to cloth, and will have a new baby coming in March. Because of that, some CD friends have suggested we look at BumGenius. Are there any WAHM diapers that are like the BGs? I'd love to support a WAHM with that ... but am LOST, as none of the WAHM-Brandnames mean anything to me at all yet. So help --

1) any WAHM-dipes that are like BumGenius?
2) any WAHM-dipes most like FuzziBuns?

Thanks!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Well, I am not too familiar with BumGenius, but www.muttaqinbaby.com sells one size AIOs (AI2s, actually) that I really like. I found her fitteds a bit bulky when DD was a newborn, but the AIOs were a much trimmer fit and they still fit her well now at 30 pounds.

Hopefully, even if that's not a helpful answer, this will bump your thread up a bit and someone will have a better suggestion, because it's a good question!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
bum genius might not be sewn by a WAHM but i think they were created by one, at least from what i understand. jennifer and her husband, from cotton babies www.cottonbabies.com created/ designed them. i'm not sure WHO sews them though.

as for anything JUST LIKE them, i don't think there is anything just like them out there, but there are tons of products that do the same things that are made by wahms.

there are pockets dipes made by wahms, maybe not one size though. and there are one size dipes made by wahms, maybe not pockets though.

there are AIOs that are wahm made
and there are bamboo fitteds that are wahm made

my favorite wahm made pockets are by apron strings www.apronstringsbabythings.com

my favorite one size diaper would have to be SOS http://christensencreations.com/

my favorite AIO is clothmopolitan
www.clothmopolitan.com

and my favorite fitteds are between elbee baby and luxe baby www.elbeebaby.com and www.luxebabydiapers.com

what you will see, is that they are on the pricier side, but the quality is absolutely TOP NOTCH!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
BumGenius were created by Jennifer, a wahm, and by purchasing them, you're supporting her, as well as the wahm that owns the site.
I'm pretty sure she has a list of retailers.

I've heard great things about www.fuzzifannies.com too, and the owner is a very nice lady.

Have fun shopping!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.