Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about living here? Pros's con's?
Family Friendly?
DH May have a job offer there.
What about the schools?
Are there private schools?

Is this a good place to move?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
It's about an hour and 15 min. away but has a very good reputation for being very crunchy. Good co-op, naturopaths, etc. If you like a liberal small town it would be a good place for you.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I live 20 minutes from there. It a great town. I don't know much about the school system, but there is an amazing montessori school I would love to send my kids to if I had the money! It is Hilltop Montessori.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amydoula View Post
very good reputation for being very crunchy. Good co-op, naturopaths, etc. If you like a liberal small town it would be a good place for you.

Any news? DH just got hired to a new job! Isn't it an exciting time?

(DH has been in the same boring, aggravating place for ten years!)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No news. Still waiting. At this point we've deceided not to hold our breath. I guess all will be as it's meant too. Thanks for asking and congratulations on you're new oppurtunity!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the co-op there!!!! i am an hour away and i go there just for the co-ops. AWESOME. it seems to be a very crunchy town with lots of sling mammas and breastfed babies!

·
Registered
993 Posts
We moved to Brattleboro 2 months ago & love it so far. I need to meet some moms & kids in the area though!!

Oh & Hilltop is around 3K/year for nursery school & then goes up to around 7K/year for primary school. DD is turning 3 next month & we probably won't do school this fall - maybe next fall.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I love, love, love, love Brattleboro! It is such an awesome town! I live 45 min. away in NH, but I go whenever I get the chance. The coop is fantastic, and they have the coolest AP store I have ever seen. Cloth diapers, slings, wooden toys, herbs, soft shoes, etc. etc. etc. (Sorry, I don't remember the name.) I love going to the thrift stores there, you can actually find cool clothes there! Coming from hippieville in N. Cali, it's one of the few places around here I feel at "home."

We should get together at the park once the weather gets warm!

Ramlita - congrats on hubbie's new job! How's it going for him?

My dh is not "hippie" at all - I'm working on him though. He always just looks around him going "Wow" at the people there. "They don't all look the same!" It blows his mind to see people actually expressing their differences and embracing them. When you go to Keene, everybody, for the most part, look the same. Same clothes, hair, etc. Especially all the young college kids. I always get a kick out of going to Brattleboro with him!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfiddlinmama View Post
I love, love, love, love Brattleboro! It is such an awesome town! I live 45 min. away in NH, but I go whenever I get the chance. The coop is fantastic, and they have the coolest AP store I have ever seen. Cloth diapers, slings, wooden toys, herbs, soft shoes, etc. etc. etc. (Sorry, I don't remember the name.) I love going to the thrift stores there, you can actually find cool clothes there! Coming from hippieville in N. Cali, it's one of the few places around here I feel at "home."

We should get together at the park once the weather gets warm!

Ramlita - congrats on hubbie's new job! How's it going for him?

My dh is not "hippie" at all - I'm working on him though. He always just looks around him going "Wow" at the people there. "They don't all look the same!" It blows his mind to see people actually expressing their differences and embracing them. When you go to Keene, everybody, for the most part, look the same. Same clothes, hair, etc. Especially all the young college kids. I always get a kick out of going to Brattleboro with him!

I think the name of the store in Brattleboro is Sprout. Very cool with a great staff. They were extremely helpful to me and my husband when we were there looking for slings. We even got to trade our old sling in for a credit, which was a nice surprise.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Hey C!!

DH starts his new job on Monday. It's a good-sized but family-owned fuel oil/propane/etc distributor, with big plumbing & heating departments. They want to train him to be able to do everything! We're so excited he'll have variety in his day, be learning new skills like crazy, and they'll help him get his CDL so he can drive delivery trucks, too. And there's actually possibilities for advancement eventually- which did not exist at the factory.
He's been getting home between 7 and 8 pm for our entire marriage- and now it'll be more like 5:30.
It feels like a whole new world opening up ahead of us

Thanks for asking

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Ramlita - that's awesome! Enjoy the new schedule! I know about the long work hrs. It's so rough. My dh is working full time and in school so I never see him.
:

We definitely should schedule a Brattleboro meet up when the snow melts!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfiddlinmama View Post
Ramlita - that's awesome! Enjoy the new schedule! I know about the long work hrs. It's so rough. My dh is working full time and in school so I never see him.
:

We definitely should schedule a Brattleboro meet up when the snow melts!

Count me in - I need to meet some moms in my area!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Yeah!

The last time we planned something for MDC Southern Vermont mamas, I went into labor with DS and missed it entirely!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.