Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm a 5" 4", 34DD naturally. With dd I went up to an E and this time I think I'm pushing an F. Finding something with a small band size and large cups is a royal pain. Anyhow, I discovered this new Supreme Nursing Bra from www.birthandbaby.com and was wondering if anyone's tried it. It's $50 and I'd hate to invest in it if it's not worth it. I'm looking for something I can wear comfortably to work in my larger size that won't give me a lot of that sports bra look.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I wish I could help! I am still looking for a bra myself, 2 years after I gave birth! I was 32/34 H during pregnancy and for a few months afterwards but I went down in cup size the longer I breastfed for... I'm a 32 F now (the tape measure measured me at 28 but I don't think bras go that small!!!) and still can not find a bra!

So..
no bra for me now, not even out in public. It is cold here so I just wear a sweater or jacket and its not noticeable : ) Its a hell lot easier to breastfeed though, no bra fiddling!

If you do get that bra and it turns out good, let me know!!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm a 36K (or maybe even a little bigger, ack) when nursing and this is the only bra that I've found that fits, and it's GREAT:

Mava nursing bra

It is very lightweight, gives great support, and works well under knits.

Try not to be intimidated that you're ordering from England...the shipping is about $5 to the U.S. (they ship free to the UK) and very fast (I think I got my last order in about 5 days).

The other great thing is that you're supporting a pro-breastfeeding non-profit!

Good luck! I didn't find these until my first dd was about a year old. They've made me a much happier nursing mom.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I hear you! I'm a 34 DDD normally and go up to G/H when I'm nursing. Now expecting #3 and not really looking forward to bra shopping again. I have worn Bravados and agree that the unibreast look is so disheartening. I only wear them at home if I can. www.BirthandBaby.com is so great because they have wonderful instructions which include diagrams of different breast shapes which helps me imagine what if I were looking at this bra right now. And they have a very generous return/exchange policy. And they were super nice to me. I literally took a week looking at the instructions, reading all of the options measuring myself and still had questions which they were very helpful in answering. For me as I stay home 99% of the time for the first 3-4 months I'd go with the Bravado. Even so if you need to work or be out and about regularly that new style looks interesting and worth a try.
Good luck. Please let me know how you make out if you think of it.
E

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
I have one bravado bra but it definitely gives that sports bra appearance--worse than my sports bras do.
I spoke to someone before Christmas though at a high end bra shop and am going to have one custom made for me after the baby arrives. My mother had breast cancer and now has one breast about half size (very odd looking when you're an F cup!) and this woman custom made 2 bras for her and she just LOVES them. She said they are the most comfortable she's ever worn and can't believe she never went the custom made route before. It's going to cost $100 for one, but looking at my moms, they are just SO well made--and I found out today that with a prescription from my doctor my insurance covers the cost of 2 a year because proper support helps with unbelievable neck pain I've got--might be worth checking into--I brought my two most comfortable bras into her shop with me and she said both were the wrong shape and she could make me something both more comfortable and more flattering. It's expensive, but maybe even to just have one for when you're dressed up--and if you can get it covered by insurance--all the better!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I just wanted to say -- I'm also 5'4" and also a 34DD!! It seems to be so rare, so I just had to tell you!

That is my pre-pregnancy size, anyway. I don't know if my breasts have actually gotten bigger, but I've been wearing a 38DD lately...
... I just feel like I can't breathe, most of the time! I'm hoping that I'll go back to being a 34 once I have this baby. I think she just has taken up too much room inside... but we'll see I guess.

Anyway, I don't have any advice about nursing bras... I'm going to be needing to find one soon, and I'm kind of stressed about it!
: .... So many bras only come in smaller sizes... or at least all the ones I LIKE.

Anyway, good luck with finding a decent bra.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.