Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From about 18 weeks to 27 weeks I had a lot of braxton hicks contractions. Pretty regular. In other words if I stand, walk, bend,.....move. The problem has been that when I get them I also have pressure on my chest and lungs and it makes it hard to take a real breath for a moment. My midwife said not a problem. Well last week it stopped. Now when I get braxton hicks I instantly get a ton of low pressure and have to pee immediately, even if I just went. A real pain when I get to the grocery store. Is this normal? I had a ton of BH contractions with my first pregnancy and it never bothered me in either of these ways. I did get checked for a UTI last week and it was negative.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Interesting - my BH are causing me to think I need to pee too. The baby just "popped" up about 2 weeks ago though. So I think it's that she's in a different spot and so when I get the BH I feel a pressure on my bladder and hence the need to pee. I'd ask your mw about it, but I think it's normal.

Michelle

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
earlier in pg the baby's head (or butt) is "floating" above the pelvis, so she is higher up. when you get closer to term, the baby will usually drop into the pelvis , which gives you more room to breathe and eat, but it squishes your bladder.

what you are describing sounds exactly like your baby has dropped

hth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.