Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else already experienced Braxton Hicks contractions? The other night my husband and I got into a fight and I felt odd in my uterus. Then I realized it was a contraction! Freaked me out. They lasted about one hour (as the fight ensued), although I did lay on my left side and drink water - as though that would help at 4.5 weeks along
I told my husband we weren't going to be able to fight for the next 8 months, it's too scary for the new baby!

Nothing since, no spotting, or anything.

I have had more crampiness with this pregnancy than last time, although that could be due to gas/bowel issues...

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Try to not worry about them too much. Braxton hicks come earlier and often-er in subsequent pregnancies. It was seriously my first pregnancy symptom with ds3 !! (also the emotional stress of a argument can definately set them off and make them feel worse BTDT) And you never need to appologize for drinking a glass of water and laying on your left side while pregnant, for any reason or none!!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
When I was 4-5 weeks in this pregnancy I had a ton of contrx, mostly in response to nursing my little boy. But by the end of the 5th week they subsided. It's like my uterus wasn't used to it's new inhabitant and eventually "adapted." No spotting or anything; it resolved on it's own.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I've had a lot already too. I was really worried at first that it meant something bad, but I'm kind of accepting of them now. Would rather NOT have them though!

·
Registered
29 Posts
i was about halfway through my first pregnancy when i got them, but in my second, they came at 9 weeks! and in my lost pregnancy, i swear i was feeling them in my 7th week~ not sure now, but it really seemed like it at the time!

how many weeks are you? i am only 6-1/2; nothing yet.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm only 5 weeks! I've been feeling a lot of round ligament pain too. And, my upper stomach is already protruding (with fat, not baby
). My body is all set I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts