Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been giving 9mo DD some dried bread crusts for teething - crusts from crusty bread not sliced bread. She seems to like it, but aside from the wheat allergy thing (she seems to be OK w/ wheat and we don't have wheat allergies in our families) is there anything that is obviously dangerous w/ bread crusts? if they're OK, is whole wheat definitely preferable to white (like a crusty french or sourdough baguette)? I thought that they would be too hard/sharp at first, but her saliva really breaks it down into soft, tiny little pieces. Oh, and she's working on her 8th tooth, so her other teeth help out a lot. I wouldn't give these to a toothless babe, too hard i think.<br><br>
i prefer to give her food to teethe on rather than plastic. any other food suggestions that aren't too messy? i don't want to depend on bread. we just tried teething biscuits - yikes, what a mess! frozen bananas seem like they'd be a big mess, too, and she doesn't really eat banana anyways. with the bread, we just have little crumbs all over the place that can be easily vacuumed up...or DD usually finds them again later and shoves them in her mouth!

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Dd really enjoyed frozen bagels...they could get a little messy, but nothing like teething biscuits!

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Those mesh net safe feeder thing I always put cold cantalope, slightly frozen grapes or the such in it for my teethers. Of course IMO most food given to a baby ends up very messy.

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
We've given our dd:<br><br>
frozen blueberries or grapes cut in half<br><br>
frozen waffles<br><br>
frozen french toast (made with just yokes)<br><br>
chilled and peeled whole apples or hard pears (she loves to hold onto them, and can only chew off little bits at a time)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts