Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to try tomorrow to make bread by hand! but id like to know at what step can i stop and freeze the loaf or should i just cook and freeze it after?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
If you want it to taste fresh baked, freeze the dough after the first rise. Wrap it well to avoid freezerburn. Thaw it completely in the fridge then shape the loaf and do the second rise. (I usually have to lengthen the time by 30-45 minutes if the dough is cold) and then bake according to instructions.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Here's a warning... the bread is going to take a LONG time to thaw. Plan AT LEAST to leave it out overnight. The first time you do it give yourself plenty of time to experiment with timing... there's nothing worse than partially risen bread. You want the frozen dough to thaw & then get super puffy, & frozen cold dough takes a LONG time to get that way!

Good luck! I haven't read this "5 minute" bread book, but I'm just fine doing it the way I do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.