Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping the food gurus at MDC can help me expand my options.<br><br>
The constraints:<br>
1) Something I can prepare for the week on Sunday night or perhaps 2 sets of preps on Sunday and Wednesday night.<br>
2) Absolutely no oatmeal. (Migraine trigger in even trace amounts)<br>
3) Only trace amounts of apple or grape juice. (Migraine trigger)<br>
4) Must be transportable to my office. I have access to a fridge, microwave, and toaster. (No toaster oven)<br>
5) Must be breakfast food. I can't stomach things like leftovers or turkey sandwiches for breakfast. I don't know why, I just can't. Even if I sleep until 2pm my first meal of the day has to be breakfast.<br><br>
I've been making muffins or buying a pack of danish.<br>
I need healthier alternatives.<br><br>
It has to be super easy to grab and go and not really require daily prep work because if I run out of time I will end up getting pop-tarts out of the vending machine at work.<br><br>
And as to why I can't eat breakfast at home? I have a really strict medication schedule. In order to eat at the house I would have to get up 90 minutes earlier every day and that just isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I make my kids waffles, pancakes and french toast and freeze them in serving size portions. Then I can just take them out of the freezer the night before and toast them when they're ready to eat.<br><br>
I used to make a casserole with sausage, peppers, onions, hashbrowns, cheese and sour cream. Then I'd scramble some eggs, throw it all in a tortilla and just heat in the microwave in the morning.<br><br>
I usually have a bagel or cereal and toast since I don't have much time in the mornings to make much and I always eat at work.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
You can make egg sandwiches in advance and freeze them. Either biscuits or english muffins, top with scrambled egg (you can bake the egg in the oven to make it faster if you do a big batch), cheese and meat (bacon or sausage or ham slice, if you eat them). Freeze individually, and take one out in the morning. You can heat these in the microwave.<br><br>
Breakfast burritos are similar, and just as good frozen and reheated.<br><br>
Similarly, quiche or frittata freezes and reheats well. Or you can just put it in the fridge if you're going to make one every week.<br><br>
HTH!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts