Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 5th baby so you would think I could remember this. Its seems like almost over night the breast fairy came to my house. I do not remember getting this big this late in pregnancy before...is this common, if so apparently old age has set in and there is something to advance maternal age.
To much information, I am not leaking but my breast are really heavy like my milk is about to come in...is this any indication that I am about to go into labor? I am a tad freaked out just because of the problems I am having.

·
Registered
502 Posts
She visited me in the last week or so too. I didn't notice much growth at all early on, but did get some mid pregnancy and now they are where I would have expected them to be all along. They feel heavy when I lift them, but not heavy milk-heavy - not heavier than they should feel for their size. I have no idea about whether or not it is an indicator for preterm. I've heard lots of other mamas say that they start leaking early on and don't have problems with preterm, so I would lean to it not being an indicator, but ????
And I don't remember lots of stuff either, baby brain suckers I think are the culprit more than advanced maternal age. After my third, I asked my FP about my poor memory and she laughed and said most likely it's not that you are more forgetful but that with 3 kids, you have so much more to remember.

·
Registered
443 Posts
All of a sudden mine are BIG too, like in the last few days. Also, my nipples/areolas are suddenly very dark/brownish. Funny how it seems to happen overnight. I haven't leaked yet, but I didn't much with my last pregnancy, either (tho I did with my 1st!).

I wouldn't count the heaviness/fullness as a sign of impending pre-term labor at all. But then again, you're the one with *5* babies...

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Ah... my breasts have been leaking and feel like somehow it's rained and the underground tributaries are being filled. Bizarre feeling. It is amazing to me that the body knows to do this, after decades of dormancy.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I know, not only am I giant now, but they are starting to leak all the time. This after I totally dried up in the 1st and 2nd trimesters, too! Ah well, it's nice to know that all is well and functioning in there.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay I am glad I am not alone in this and actually had to go and look it up to see if its common which it says it is....Of course I was yelling at the computer that I have testing that shows I have superb memory yet I cannot recall in 4 pregnancies this happening before. HMMM well something new and different, huh. I guess the thing that annoys me is it means I have to go bra shopping again. Am I going to get bigger yet after the baby is born? I would prefer just to stick with nursing bras at this point but they are $$$. Shoot, you would think my body would get how much this is costing.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope not...I am doing good right now...5 days of a good. Its funny, my gymnast of a child turned again, head down. I am so thrilled. I hope she stays that way. She turned, then the breast fairy came which I am sure is a coincidence but it made me think is she planning on coming right now because it really does not work for me.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyTeesa View Post
How strange, I was just thinking mine are saggier and perhaps even smaller? That just makes no sense - or maybe my belly is bigger and relatively the breasts aren't so dominating?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyTeesa View Post
How strange, I was just thinking mine are saggier and perhaps even smaller? That just makes no sense - or maybe my belly is bigger and relatively the breasts aren't so dominating?

That totally made me laugh out loud!

I haven't noticed a huge change in the size, but my areolas are much darker all of the sudden. And my dd has started nursing again. There is definitely colostrum in there and she is very glad for it. I thought she had weaned a couple of months ago, but nope, she's nursing quite frequently now. Maybe that's why they aren't noticeably bigger...because she's sucking the life out of them!
:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.