Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS is 7 months old. After I had him my pp bleeding was really irregular. I think I bled for about 5 weeks, then stopped for two weeks and then bled again or about 3 weeks. After that I bled a lot off and on until March and I haven't bled at all since then.<br><br>
Is it norma for bleeding to stop like that? I feel like the chances of me being pregnant are really slim but it has been 2 months since AF. Is that normal with breastfeeding? He nurses every 3-4 hours through the day and twice at night.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I think anything is normal while BF'ing - FWIW, I had the lochia for 5 weeks, off for a week, spotting at 6 wks PP (thought this was AF, now not so sure), more spotting for a couple days at 10 wks PP, then nada until 4 months PP, this was a full blown AF, so think the other was just left over lochia. and had my 2nd PP AF start 5/13/10 - almost 6 months PP. I had EWCM 2 weeks prior to each of the AF's, so I knew they would come, and if the didn't well, um, then I guess we'd be expecting!<br><br>
We nurse on demand throughout the day and generally 1-2 times at night. DS is teething at the moment so I am not really paying attention to the night wakings, letting him nurse if he wants, or cuddle if he wants.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts