Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
my FIL always tells the story of the time MIL was gone from the house and he was taking care of DH. DH would not stop crying for any of the usual tricks, so FIL finally offered him the nipple, and he stopped crying and sucked contentedly! I told DH this was a great idea and that he should try it with our baby anytime he wants- much better than the pacifier. (we'll see if he'll do it, lol)

·
Banned
1,288 Posts
I told DH to try that the other day and he was totally freaked out by it. :LOL Sometimes DS gets upset while I'm gone (never for more than a half hour or so) and DH has a heck of a time getting him to calm down. It's too bad DH doesn't want to try comfort nursing. I think that men have nipples for a reason.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I think DS was about 3 months old before he stopped rooting around for boob from his Daddy. When DH would take him for awhile to give me a rest, he used to call it the "booby test" to know when he needed to give him back to me. He'd hold the baby anywhere near his chest and if Adrian started rooting around, he was like "Ok, he needs Mommy now."

I had joked to him about dry-nursing the baby before but he said that our son probably wouldn't like his hairy chest.

·
Registered
809 Posts
When my 1st son was only about 2-3 weeks old I was having a terrible time with nursing!! I was tired, cranky and almost defeated...my dh parents were visiting and at the time I felt uncomfortable nursing in front of them, partially because I had to have my shirt almost completely off to get a comfortable latch, anyway, I was in my bedroom trying to nurse when my dh walks in and asks if there is anything he could do to help. Like a hormonal lunetic,
I jump down his throat about how I am the only one who has breasts... hello!!!! He then proceeds to take the baby and snuggle him on his bare chest (he lifted his shirt) Riley stopped figdeting, looking up at him almost in confusion. Ds didn't latch on but dh would not have objected if he had just to help me out. I finally relaxed after a few minutes and was able to nurse ds til his belly was full!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember those early days when breastfeeding was going so badly and asking DH to please at least try to "comfort nurse" and he pointed out that it wouldn't help establish my milk supply that way. (I guess he was listening to my speeches about breastfeeding, or at least selectively listening). He wouldn't even try it.

But once or twice in bed at night, DS got confused and rolled over towards DH and tried to latch on, woke up, looked at DH's hairy nipple and started to cry!!

But it's a good idea in theory...

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I've been advocating this idea for the longest time!!!! DS can't seem to keep his binky in his mouth, although he finds the sucking action soothing, and he's not interested in pinkies anymore.

A man-nipple would be the perfect solution! Now to work on my darling husband....

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Cool article! There were quite a few times when Anna was really small that she would be cuddling with his bare chest and try to latch on. She usually just snuggled and was like 'what the heck is going on here? where's the mama milk!?' :LOL Surprisingly, he wasn't really freaked out by it (I really thought he would be!) and even told me once that he would definitely BF too if men were able. I have such a cool DH!
I forwarded him the article too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.