Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this is kind of strange... I like to hope that my husband and I aren't the only weirdo's out there, but if we are... oh well, I guess!

So, last night while we were showering my DH said.. I wonder if I suck on your breast if milk would come out yet?? I said no way jose' it was kind of a sore day and besides, I'm only 12 weeks pregnant.. and don't figure anything would come out. So, I give in and let him try (this was in no way a sexual game by the way.. it was strictly curiosity!) AND It HURT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!! He said, I think I felt air or something??
So, I guess my question is.. has anyone else done this?? and does it feel anything like breastfeeding?? Cause DAMN... it hurt bad!! Not even just the nipple.. like the inside was throbbing with shooting pains! Maybe it was so bad because there isn't anything to come out?? I dunno.. but now I'm scared! haha

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Um, no. Men do not suck anywhere near the same way as a baby. That's a skill that's usually lost within a few months of weaning. And you won't have milk until AFTER the baby is born, usually a few days after for first time moms. However, you will have colostrum starting sometime in your 2nd or 3rd trimester. My breasts are totally off limits in the first trimester b/c of the soreness issue. If it hurts when your baby nurses, then s/he is not latched on right. HTH!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Even though the sucking wasn't sexual, I would think that a grown man's suck has got to be horridly stronger than a baby's or toddler's. I agree with Wendy in that, the "suck" is likely not the same too....

I never really had very many pain issues with my first born....just support issues. I don't think a breastfeeding babe would hurt even an iota of how much it did when your hubster did...It's my opinion..hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!
I kind of figured the whole him not really knowing how to latch thing would have played a roll. haha

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Erm-no. I've had a grown man suck on my nipples even whilst still breastfeeding- and that hurt a lot, not even touching on the issues of nipple sensitivity during pregnancy. It's the whole grown-up thing... Do NOT let your dh put you off...

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Yes! Men suck way different than babies! DH tried it out when I was breastfeeding DS (not at the exactsame time) and it felt nothing like when the baby does it and it hurt. I imagine it would be even more painful in the 1st trimester when you are sore to begin with and there is no milk to come out with the suction. Ouch! Men don't have good latches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts