Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a huge mastitis lump in my right breast, and I was wondering if the pressure from the sling could have squished my milk ducts? Has that ever happened to anyone? I might have been wearing it wrong?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had that happen about a month ago... it took two weeks of pretty much complete rest (but I had the a horrible case of mastitis, not just a lump). You might want to try some different positions or something to give that area a rest for awhile. Some women find that baby carriers, purses, diaper bags, bras, anything that puts pressure around you breasts or underarm area can cause a plugged duct or mastitis (if you don't have fever and other symptoms, it is probably just a plugged duct).
warm compresses, showers, and good nursing should help.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, I just got out of the hospital, getting an abscess drained. Now I'm afraid to use the sling again. I am an AP failure! I am still nursing, but i don't know if I'll be able to use the right one or not after it heals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seana
I have a huge mastitis lump in my right breast, and I was wondering if the pressure from the sling could have squished my milk ducts? Has that ever happened to anyone? I might have been wearing it wrong?
This can most definatly happen I recently had two babies back to back and have had the worst cases of Mastitis with the last two out of 4 children. My toddler while I would rock him to sleep would push off my and where did his hads go my breasts of coarse next day infection, also with the ring slings my breasts are so big that I can't seem to get him on my hip and high enough without involving my breasts getting smashed same with my mei hip. So what I have to do is do a tummy to tummy hip position if you know what I mean.

I did find a remedy that takes it down ASAP rather than having antibiotics or the possible lancing. It is a combination of Essential oils Lavender and Tangerine grade A oils. Works like a charm. I have to keep a bottle handy when i feel an infection coming on I put it on the breast and under my armpits as soon as I feel it then it will not turn into the hot firery painful infection.

so try the tummy/tummy hip position see if that helps

Rabecca

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.