Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a galactocele? I have chronic problems with my left breast for the last 4 years. Now I am starting to have problems with mastitis symptoms and plugged ducts again, always in the same area. I have tried everything (I think!) from antibiotics, to garlic/supplements, lecithin, massage, chiro, nursing in all positions, etc. etc.

This weekend, I was feeling deep into the breast tissue and found a good size lump. I worked on it throughout the weekend thinking maybe it was blocked up again, but this lump isn't painful and is located deep in breast about 3-4 cm. above my nipple area.

I am thinking maybe a galactocele? But I also thought they were more superficial? I am seeing breast doc tomorrow and will probably get ultrasound/mammogram/and maybe another round of anitbiotics and maybe a biopsy.

I have been researching about this and came up with lots of info. I am thinking of writing an article for New Beginnings or Leaven (LLL) or even mothering about breast lumps, bumps and infections.

If anyone has an interesting story about this, pm or email me about your situation.

Thanks, I'l,l update tomorrow after appointment.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Saw breast surgeon today about my lump. also pumped my milk to drain my breasts right before I left and there was clearly a color difference between breasts. She said I actually had several lumps, but none suspicious and said they were not galactoceles. But she agrees that I probably have a deep breast infection, ultrasound showed what she called "nodules", but she said didn't look cancerous, TG!

Anyway, since I have tried everything else, i will break down and go on the antibiotics. and follow up in one month.

Anyone with stories, examples etc. of breast lumps, bumps, weird infections, please pm or email me. I have started working on my article and I want to include personal examples! Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts