Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm posting this in the right place.<br><br>
My son is 2.5. I had to wean him at 6 weeks, very long story, but I wasn't making milk, and despite constant nursing he wasn't gaining weight. Then I had a breast biopsy that made nursing impossible.<br><br>
So...suddenly he's obsessed with my breasts. Trying to look down my shirt, touching them through my shirt if he's sitting on my lap. Poking them with his toes if he's laying next to me.<br><br>
He occasionally sees me nude when I'm getting dressed. I don't make any big deal if he barges into my room while I'm changing. He has seen my naked breasts occasionally (maybe twice a week) from the time he was weaned on.<br><br>
My breasts are larger than usual because of this pregnancy. One time I tried to explain to him that breasts are where babies drink from, and my breasts are growing b/c of the baby growing inside me. He wasn't interested in hearing about it and went off to play, but next time he sat on my lap, he starts trying to mess with them again.<br><br>
They are very tender b/c of the pregnancy. I would like to let him watch someone nursing, but no one I know *is* nursing currently, and its rare for people to nurse in public. How should I approach this? Baby animals nursing? Do you think this is about nursing & the new baby, or just a toddler phase?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My first thought is that it is related to all the boy/girl gender difference stuff. My son who is almost two, is currently obsessed with the concept that boys and girls have different "parts" and my best friend's 3 year old is still on the concept as well. Her son has been trying to get her to let him "see" her vagina, since he doesn't understand really where it is! Especially if your breasts are bigger now, I bet it is really noticiable to him that you have something he and daddy don't have!

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>normajean</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I would like to let him watch someone nursing, but no one I know *is* nursing currently, and its rare for people to nurse in public.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
<br>
I agree with the above poster. and wanted to add try a LLL meeting for moms who nurse. If you're thinking about trying nursing again it would be good for you to find a support group locally before nursing again. Pregnant mamas are always welcome. Well here anyone is really welcome, so long as they support the cause.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm...I bet it is a gender thing!<br><br>
I didn't connect the two, but, a few weeks ago, I was using the toilet and he came barging in (we are working on *knocking*) and saw me peeing.<br><br>
He said, "you go pee pee out you penis?" and I said,<br><br>
"Nope, mommy doesn't have a penis."<br><br>
"You go pee pee out you bum?"<br><br>
"Nope, mommy's pee pee comes out of her urethra." (I didn't know what to say, DH and I haven't talked about a name for little girl parts yet, and it doens't technically come from my vagina.)<br><br>
"hmmm....let me see you ree-thra!"<br><br>
"no, please go out." As he walks over to the toilet and tries to peer between my legs, as I quickly put my legs together and repeat, "please go out while mommy goes potty."<br><br>
"Please!!!! I won't tickle it! I just wanna see you ree-thra!"<br><br>
Thanks for the replies guys! I don't think we have LLL here unfortunately. My friend is a lactation counselor, but she works one on one with nursing moms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts