Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,<br><br>
I have a Medela Pump in Style that I got in 2004 and it has many, many hours of use on it from 2005 - 2007. Is it safe to expect it to still work as well now that I am going to be needing it again in a few months? Would a new pump work better?<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
My two current pumps (one for work, one for home) are a PIS and a PIS Advanced, both from 2002 or maybe before... I was not the first owner of either one. I used both pretty heavily with DD1 in 2005-6, and the Advanced went out to a friend in 2007, then came back.<br><br>
DD2 was born about a year ago, and I've been pumping intermittently since, and regularly since I went back to work in February.<br><br>
They both work great! Make sure you get all new replaceable parts: tubing, breast shields, valve assemblies. The few times that there has seemed to be a suction issue, replacing the valve membranes has always fixed it.<br><br>
I did have to replace the face plate on the PIS back when I was pumping for DD1. But you can get that part, if you need it (there was an obvious crack).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts