Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I was thinking about all the negative comments about breastfeeding and NIP. Mostly the ones who seem to equate it with sex and think that men get turned on by it.

The thing is my DH does get aroused by it. Not that he's walking around all day getting turned on, but I will say our sex life went up a lot after I started lactating. He says its erotic.
Now he was completely formula fed as a child, his mom was from the generation that believed their milk just was not good enough. So maybe it's regression. Maybe their worried that because the men didn't get boob as babies that it will turn them into breastfeeding junkies as adults.

See one more reason to breastfeed, stops men from growing up to be boob addicts.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
LOL you might be on to something there!
Now I think a smilie getting squirted in the eye with milk might be just the thing here....

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Um, there are videos...
I've seen 'em in an adult store before. It rather surprised me. It's apparently a fetish for some men (not saying it is for your husband), along with pregnancy. Kinda makes me twitch to think about it, but I'm a card-carrying prude. I think it's one thing to get turned on by your wife lactating, but quite another to get turned on by lactating itself.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
My DH is aroused by it too, and he was BF 11 months!! Maybe that wasn't long enough
I will NEVER forget one of the first times we were having sex after our first baby, and I had a huuuuuuuuuuuge letdown all over him.
: It almost sent him "over the edge"
I leaked like crazy for the first few months, and I had to keep a towel between us or on the bed because I would drench everything. But yeah, BFing does tend to heat things up for us

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
we both find it erotic- we were both weaned early
but I've always thought of it as totally normal and healthy. It's sexy in a "I'm a/ she's a fertility goddess" kind of way.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
I agree with Jen-- that's how I picture it, between a couple, not like the DH is walking around noticing other bfing-mothers and salivating, lol.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I just love the comments here, but it makes me wonder whether a lot of anti-NIP people would think it supports their position.

·
Registered
897 Posts
My husband has said he wishes I would get pregnant again just so I would lactate. I don't like him to "nurse" on me. The mothering feelings and erotic feelings clash and make me feel uncomfortable. Plus, he has an awful latch!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by elisent
Plus, he has an awful latch!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I think seeing breasts used for what nature intended can be erotic. Anything natural can be erotic, even eating! I think some men think its sexy, because they see their wives being good mothers and just get turned on. I know when I see a daddy wearing a baby, I'm just like "mmm"

·
Registered
427 Posts
I used to work with this guy/kid,he was probally 22 at DD ( iused to sit and hide behind the ice machine cause it was the only place to pump, he was my guard. lol)
Anyway he had this whole thorey about how guys that were not breastfed were boob guys because they didn't get any boob when they were babies and guys who were breastfed could take them or leave them.He would actually poll people. lol
I thought it was great that guy who was that young and didn't even have any kids even though about breastfeeding. lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apwannabe
I used to work with this guy/kid,he was probally 22 at DD ( iused to sit and hide behind the ice machine cause it was the only place to pump, he was my guard. lol)
Anyway he had this whole thorey about how guys that were not breastfed were boob guys because they didn't get any boob when they were babies and guys who were breastfed could take them or leave them.He would actually poll people. lol
I thought it was great that guy who was that young and didn't even have any kids even though about breastfeeding. lol
I think there is something to that theory! :p My DH and his friend were neither BF. Both of them are HUGE boob guys now.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by elisent
Plus, he has an awful latch!

DP was breastfed (idk how long) but he sure doesn't remember how to do it! I can have a babe suckling on me for hours a day no problem, but the moment DP goes for it, it hurts like heck!

·
Registered
313 Posts
This thread is making me
Dh wasn't nursed at all (adopted 36 years ago, and his mom is so not the type that would induce lactation.) Anyway he is so facinated with my lactating breasts! I don't want to say to much, but it's been great for our sex life. I've always said it's because he wasn't nursed.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
i cant believe i'm sharing this...LOL

last night i nursed my 4yo in front of my exdh...he says to me "so, uhhh, are they still packin'?" (ex, not ds, obviously! LOL)

stupid ass, thats what he gets for leaving me pg...he missed the milk! LOL

hmmm...did this post in any way contribute to the thread?
:

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamabadger
I just love the comments here, but it makes me wonder whether a lot of anti-NIP people would think it supports their position.
What I would say to the anti-NIP people is: Just because some men are aroused by something doesn't mean that it is inherently sexual. Can you think of *anything* that NO MAN is aroused by? Should we have to hide behind a blanket any time we do anything that some men might be aroused by, such as licking an ice cream cone? Women's legs are a *very* common source of male arousal, but thankfully it is now acceptable for women to walk around in public wearing shorts.

·
Banned
11,594 Posts
we have no children, but my husband was talking with a friend of ours who have three grown children, and the husband in this couple said "oh, wait until you learn abotu 'cookies and milk!'"

his wife blushed, and then explained--when you nurse, you leak. it ws the cue for 'sex' when he would say "cookies and milk!" and apparently, sometimes he would just put cookies in the bed. LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts