Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to ween my son of one year onto whole milk, the only problem is I can not pump breastmilk for the life of me, it comes out fine for him,but would not be able to pump nearly enough to be able to have enough to mix in with the whole milk for transitioning over. What can I do??

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
I'm a little confused? Are weaning to whole milk OR pumping??:shrug

Why give whole milk? Cow's milk is for baby cows. You can give water, juice, or non-dairy products to drink...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello, I am looking to ween my son of one year onto whole milk, the only problem is I can not pump breastmilk for the life of me, it comes out fine for him,but would not be able to pump nearly enough to be able to have enough to mix in with the whole milk for transitioning over. What can I do??
I didn't mix breast milk with cows milk. I just had day care start giving her cows milk once she hit 1. She was a little gassy, slight loose stool for a week, then she was fine. We still nurse when together and she sometimes drinks cows milk when we are together too. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts