Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Breastfeeding Awareness Day 2005 is approaching (6/27) and it is going to be a wonderful event. That is, of course, with your participation and help

Many people have volunteered to help, but wondered how they could. This is a list of some of the different duties that will need to be performed on and before Breastfeeding Awareness Day. Please send me a pm or email, or post below, to help me coordinate our efforts. I will update this post to show who/how many people are doing each task.

Decorators- help organize chairs and tables; help arrange strollers, balloons and ropes

*Cecily *

Information Gatherers- gather info (informational pamphlets, flyers, handouts) that can be distributed to attendees/passerbys. A rep from the WA breastfeeding Cooalition will be bringing some handouts. If you are able to obtain handouts from LLL, or any other breastfeeding advocacy, educational or support org, please bring them to place on our information table.

*Leslie *Lyn *

Advocates- if you are willing to speak to people who may have questions, there will be name tags available for volunteers to wear that will identify you as a Breastfeeding Advocate (adding your name is optional). Hopefully, there will be MANY of us who are up tp this job

*Sarah *Cecily *Brandi *Erika *Leslie *Lyn *Rebecca * Jessica

Clean-up Crew- we will need volunteers to make sure that we leave no "footprint" at the site of the event. We'll need to break down chairs and tables and make sure that there is no stuff or trash left in the area.

* Brandi *Erika *fremontmama *Jessica

Spread the word- by downloading the flyer -or use the wording provided by Sarah (flyer text) to make your own flyer- and make copies to post at facilities used for birth/baby ed, birthing, family events, etc.

*Nipuna *Emi

Stroller Lenders- mark and park your stroller to be used for decorative purposes. Please be sure to clearly mark your stroller, so that it is identifiable to you, before the event. Strollers will need to be parked by 3:15.

* Rebecca *Karuna *Sarah * Nipuna *Cecily *Brandi *

Balloon and rope bringers - please bring a helium balloon to represent each of your breastfed children. If you have some rope that can be lent for the afternoon, we will use it to tie to thestrollers and balloons.

rope: *Rebecca

balloons: *if everyone could make an effort to do this, that would be awesome!

Misc- something else you'd like to do? Let me know

Brandi, [email protected]

·
Registered
126 Posts
So, how do we download the flyer???

I'm planning to post some at consignment stores around town (Bootyland, who I already emailed, Sweet Pea's, etc.) if they'll let me, and at community centers/community bulletin boards. Some more progressive preschools, too. I'd rather have the versions to download and print, than have to format and decorate them myself, though.

Oh, hey, I hope someone's bringing some to the Fremont Solstice Fair tomorrow!

Emi

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I will be at the WIC office on Tuesday in Lynnwood. I can ask for any bf info they have there to pass out. And I will for sure wear a name tag as an advocate. I can also pass out flyers I make at Edomnds CC and the Edmonds, Lynnwood, MLT community center. And post at various stores and such. I already told my parent/infant class and will email those I know. I will also be bringing balloons too!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I may be bringing meeting fliers for Pierce Co LLL.
I'd be happy to be an advocate.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Do you still need volunteers to help clean up? I am thinking I am going to take the afternoon off work to attend, but probably wont be able to show up until at least 4pm.
Also, someone mentioned trying to think of groups to email, and I am not sure if these places were thought of, but just in case
Greatstarts.org
Community Birth and Family Center
Seattle Midwifery School
Probably all three places are aware of the event, but just in case?

Also, I would be happy to bring some rope/twine/ribbon etc for balloons if you guys think they would still be needed at around 4pm or so.
Yay! I am so excited!

·
Registered
336 Posts
freemontmama- please bring a balloon representing each bf child. The rope was for a different activity that I'm not sure we'll need...I haven't decided yet

I'll update as soon as we figure it out.

I'm so glad you decided to make it!!!!

Cecily

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Cool! Thanks for the info both of you
I will forgo the rope/twine, etc unless I see you have posted otherwise and I will make sure to bring a balloon for my bf dd. Really looking forward to the event and helping!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The big day is coming up! Woo-hoo
I went and got the stick-on tags today. They are 2x 4". I'm planning on printing "Breastfeeding Advocate" on about 75 of them, in the lower 1/2. That way, there will still be room to write one's name, if desired. There will be 75 left blank, for participants who just want a nametag. Before I do this, does anyone have an opinion?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts