Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any other free resources or meetings to help BFing moms in Houston? Downtown and west houston locations would be best. My boss has a newborn and his wife is struggling with the latch and has resorted to pumping and bottlefeeding EBM. And it's really hard to help her through him by explaining!

TIA!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
If the babe is under 6 weeks - there's a lactation support group that meets at Women's every Monday at 10:00 a.m. - it's free and open to the public (so it doesn't matter where you delivered at.)

Also, the LCs at Women's are wonderful - I can't speak highly enough of them. It's $75 for a consult, but worth every penny, IME.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

I sent him the link for LLL HOuston and the Women's support group link. I just think their issue is bottlefeeding- they started pumping and bottlefeeding early on (in hospital) when they couldn't fix the latch and it spiraled from there. Baby (2 wks old) is fussing and squirming all evening/night- Oh if they only knew that LO needs the whole BF package, not just the pumped milk!
:

Rant over. I've done my part.

I cannot solve all the world's BFing problems. I cannot solve all the world's BFing problems....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.