Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judge rules against breastfeeding medical student - Boston Medical News - White Coat Notes - Boston.com

I guess I don't feel too sorry for her.

First of all, I work an 8 hour day and I don't have 45 minutes total to pump.

Second of all, I know several friends who have taken this test while breastfeeding and they easily had enough time to pump. It's for ONE day. Just ONE 8 HOUR DAY. Well, I guess two because she stretched it out to that.

Instead of going to court she needs to be reading kellymom.com to figure out how to pump.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judge rules against breastfeeding medical student - Boston Medical News - White Coat Notes - Boston.com

I guess I don't feel too sorry for her.

First of all, I work an 8 hour day and I don't have 45 minutes total to pump.

Second of all, I know several friends who have taken this test while breastfeeding and they easily had enough time to pump. It's for ONE day. Just ONE 8 HOUR DAY. Well, I guess two because she stretched it out to that.

Instead of going to court she needs to be reading kellymom.com to figure out how to pump.

No, it's not just one 8 hour day. She is testing for 2 days, and she has been given double time due to her learning disabilities. There is a 20 page thread below in case you're interested.

She had her appeal this morning, and the judge is going to fax a decision sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am kinda having a mixed reaction to this one. On the one hand, I think that lots needs to be done to accomodate breastfeeding moms....it IS one of the most important jobs we have!!! On the other hand, it kinda seems like she is finding any way to get special treatment--I read something about that she already has extra time to take this test due to some other circumstance. Admittedly I have not read everything so I am not all that informed on this but this is just my initial gut reaction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.