Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
I saw this at tribe.net, http://vermont.tribe.net/thread/7716...93fd14&r=10415
and wanted to pass it along...

---------------------------------
Here's something positive happening in response - PLEASE forward this to anyone you know in Seattle that might be interested.

~~~~~
Mamas, Dads and Breastfeeding Advocates:

Join us at the Seattle Center's International Fountain on June 27, 2005 at 3 PM for a breastfeeding rally! We are planning a peaceful demonstration to promote awareness on the benefits of breastfeeding and the rights of mothers to nurse their babies wherever and however they need to. Bring your families and a picnic for dinner, play in the fountain or relax on the grass. Connect with breastfeeding mothers and supporters from all over Puget Sound and show our community what it REALLY means to nurse our babies in public!!!

Please wear your breastfeeding t-shirts, buttons, stickers, etc. but leave your picket signs and flyers/materials to hand out at home. We will have a table set-up with information available for people to collect on breastfeeding and it's many benefits, how to connect with their local La Leche League, area resources, etc. We want to promote a positive message as much as possible, and to keep in line with the Seattle Center rules we will not be using any signage or amplification.

We will however, be notifying the press as well as everyone we know! So please feel free to pass this email along to promote this event, and tell all your friends, co-workers, clients, family members about it. The more the merrier! But PLEASE do not print flyers to promote this event until further notice!!!

If you are interested in joining the planning meeting next Thursday the 16th in Auburn or volunteering in any capacity for this event, please contact Sarah Smith at [email protected], or Cecily Wolff at [email protected].

·
Registered
336 Posts
This is being organized on the WA/OR/ID Tribe thread please check out the rest of our plans. It's not really a "nurse in" or response to Ken Schram. We don't want to give hime anymore coverage than what he's already gotten. But I'm sure we haven't heard the end of his commentary...

Thanks for posting it!

Cecily

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
I think it absolutely rocks that you are taking his horrible nasty comments and turning them into something so positive. I look forward to hearing what a success it is!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella'smamma
This is being organized on the WA/OR/ID Tribe thread please check out the rest of our plans. It's not really a "nurse in" or response to Ken Schram. We don't want to give hime anymore coverage than what he's already gotten. But I'm sure we haven't heard the end of his commentary...

Thanks for posting it!

Cecily
Cool! duly edited...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.