Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI :) my first post!

I'm sorry if there are already other topics on this subject, but I'm in kind of a pickle.

I'm breastfeeding my 14 month old son and we were waiting for my cycle to return for a while. Finally, 2 months ago, they did! So... Super happy. But then... a luteal phase of 3-4 days? (I track my temperature and use OPK's). I started spotting on 4 DPO and my period started on 5DPO.
I shoved it aside and with lots of newfound positivity I started my next cycle... but then, the exact same thing happened. So 2 cycles with the exact same problem.

I'm kind of bummed out on this. I was so bummed out that I decided to call my doctor for an appointment which I now have scheduled on Monday. Was this a silly thing to do? I'm not even sure what I want her to do for me, but I just felt a little bit helpless.

I've been trying vitamin b6 and wheat germ oil this month, but it didn't help unfortunately. Should I keep trying? Any other tips?

Thank you so much for reading :x

Attachments

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I think it can take quite a while for your luteal phase to return to normal post-partum, particularly if you're breastfeeding. It took me about 7 months to get pregnant with #2 when I was breastfeeding #1 . In any event, I think checking in with your doctor seems reasonable.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your reply :) was your luteal phase as short as mine when you started getting your cycles back?
It gives me so much hope to read that they returned to normal overtime and you got pregnant with your second baby. Were you still breastfeeding often? Sorry for all the questions :blush

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey ladies :)

I'm 4 rounds in ttc baby #2 and have had recurrent short LP's. 3 to 4 days.
That ain't gonna get me pregnant :p ...

My doctor won't take my blood... I want to check my hormone levels, but she didn't believe it was possible for someone to O so late (day 23-30) and have such a short LP... I've been charting and doing OPK's, also checking my cervix and mucus, so I'm sure...

I'm still breastfeeding my son who is 15 months old, but I used to have a short LP before he was born too. Though it was a lot better: 10 days.

I started Vitex yesterday together with vitamin B complex (which contains 50mg of b6) and am also thinking of using progesterone cream after I ovulate.

I believe that you should take the vitex up until O day and then switch to progesterone cream?

Any positive stories or advice ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts