Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always had a little bit of a supply issue and was taking fenugreek every day until I found out I was pregnant. My goal has always been to make it to at least 2 years with my son before even considering weaning. I plan on breastfeeding through my pregnancy and hopefully tandem. My son is a big booby baby so I don't see him wanting to stop anytime soon. So, my huge stress right now is helping to make sure my supply stays up while I'm pregnant. My son has celiac so I try to avoid oatmeal. Any other great tips to keep supply up while pregnant? Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't have experience with supply issues, but my DD1 did wean naturally when I was 5-6 months pregnant as my supply dried up and we had some other problems. She was quite the boob monkey though, and unweaned when DD2 was two weeks.
So, even if you do lose your supply during pregnancy, don't despair! He may unwean once his sibling arrives.

·
Registered
959 Posts
You could try a tea containing red raspberry leaves (great for toning your uterus, too!), nettle, blessed thistle, and fennel. There are several "nursing teas" available- I think the one by Wedela is particularly good- but making your own is even better. You could just brew up a big pot, refrigerate, and drink throughout the day.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ein328 View Post
You could try a tea containing red raspberry leaves (great for toning your uterus, too!), nettle, blessed thistle, and fennel. There are several "nursing teas" available- I think the one by Wedela is particularly good- but making your own is even better. You could just brew up a big pot, refrigerate, and drink throughout the day.

Are all of those herbs are ok during early pregnancy???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.