Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I thought this might be the best place for this question.<br><br>
I have just offered my milk to a friend who has MULTIPLE problems all linked to immune dysfunction. I am confident that it could help her. I was wondering if anyone has done this/ knows of someone who has. I specifically need to know ideas on amount - I'm thinking 3-6 ozs a day. I doubt she even weighs 100 lbs, i don't know if i should be taking that into account though.<br><br>
Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know where i could find info on breastmilk used in this way? I know i've found bits and pieces on the web accidentally, but now that i'm looking, nada.<br><br>
TIA,<br><br>
-K

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
You might want to contact hahamommy via PM. I know she has some experience with this. I haven't seen her around lately, though...<br><br>
IMO, if your friend is willing to try it, it certainly can't hurt.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I think it could be very helpful.<br>
I've heard of HIV patients buying breastmilk from a milk bank.<br>
Lots of people actually buy colostrum to help build an immune system.<br>
I would have no idea how much though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jane- thanks, I'll do that. She has agreed already, I'm just working on building up a stash so she can drink some every day for at least a week to start.<br><br>
L.J. - I've heard the same thing. It really makes me hopeful that this would help her. She isn't HIV pos. or anything, just a rundown immune system caused by a long period of severe stress.<br><br>
Her life is totally consumed by her illness, she is not functional till afternoon (she is on disability) , wakes up in severe pain (her whole body), and now has developed a brain tumor. I don't have much info on that, she refuses to acknowledge that it exists.<br><br>
I wish I had thought of offering her milk sooner. I'm just glad that she has accepted the offer, I know lots of people who would just think the idea was weird and gross.<br><br>
Thanks for responding so quickly,<br><br>
-K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts