Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is all going to sound very shallow, but it's something that has been on my mind. When pregnant with DS, my breasts only grew a cup size (I was a perky 34B so going up to a C didn't make much of a difference). I only stayed at a C cup until DS was 6 months old, even though I am still nursing right now. For some reason my boobs deflated really early. Now I am left with 2 saggy banana-looking boobs hanging off my chest,
. I think my breasts may have shrunk so quickly because I lost my preg. weight (42 lbs.) within 2 months and was not very healthy postpartum. So now I"m wondering, what's going to happen to them this time around? They certainly don't look or feel any fuller yet. Are they going to get more deflated looking? I know that sounds so shallow when I should be happy that they are functional and nourishing my child. I just know many other nursing moms who have been able to hold onto that full-busted look untl after the child weans. I am afraid of what they will look like. I apologize for posting this because I know there are some mamas with legitimate health concerns, I know this is a purely cosmetic thing--I was just hoping that some of you who have been pregnant before might be able to share your experience on this issue.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I am on #2, too, so I can't tell you a whole lot, but I understand mourning the nicer looking boobies of the past. Mine went empty-sock on me when my supply dropped as soon as this egg implanted, and since I've doubled the amount of protein I've been eating, they've filled back in a little. It's SO nice to have semi-round boobs staring back at you in the mirror, totally worth all the gaggy protein I'm eating.

I have heard that at some point in pregnancy, your breasts do swell back up a little, though usually not as much as they did with #1...I'm hoping that some of the weight I gain will go there as it goes everywhere else, kwim?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yes, absolutely! It's helped me a ton. Aim for 70-80 grams a day, which basically boils down to 2 sources of protein at every meal, then 2-3 snacks a day with at least one protein source each. It's crazy, and I find myself like a junkie, deciding what I'm going to eat based on which option has more protein per serving...but it's been worth it!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
If you're shallow then so am I!! I think my breasts have fared better than some others, but I'm still concerned with how they will look after this pregnancy and birth.
I guess we'll find out...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just read this thread and had to respond. I didn't know about the protein thing! but my body is definitely craving protein for the most part. I'm in kind of a meat and potatoes phase....

My son is over 2, still breastfeeding, and BEFORE I got pregnant, my boobs were smaller than they had ever been, or less full, I guess, because they do hang, don't they?!? It is an unfortunate thing. However, I have already noticed that they have gotten fuller again since getting pregnant. In fact, my whole body seems to be expanding pretty rapidly for only being a month pregnant! Anybody else having THAT problem??

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
First, I had a breast reduction. I already had stretch marks on my breasts before I was 18
And now I have been nursing, non stop, for 4 yrs and almost 8 months. I really can't remember how my breasts looked before, but I know they are bigger now because I can't wear my old bras. They are a little more saggy. I was very curious to see what woul dhappen after my daughter weaned, but then I got pregnant before that happened. Before I got pregnant though they were starting, I think, going to a less deflated state after nursings. More like there wasn't a big difference between before and after nursing. But all woman are different, I have heard that some woman actually get larger after weaningh, some go back smaller. Personally, I hope to go smaller.
Oh and it never hurts to get a stretch mark oil or whatever and use it on your breasts also, and your hips, thighs...Oh I was hit big time after my second, I am going to be prepared this time

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Well my bbs went back to their sad pre-pg size while I was still nursing Djuna. And when I was pg and still nursing they didn't get any bigger either. This pg I'm not nursing any more and they have grown a touch. I'm hoping for a cup or two by the end, lol!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I think it is perfectly natural to wonder about how our breasts look or will look. Of course we appreciate the amazing work that they do in feeding our babies but we are also human women who like to feel sexy in our bodies. (at some point down the road, tee hee...)
I have large breasts and am remembering how big big big they got when I was pg with ds. Fullness is not a problem with me but it is not comfortable to get so big! I am a DD to start so during PG and breast feeding, well, lets just say BIG!
My husband (not the dad of ds) is already checking them out like, wow, whats happening here?
And yet, we just have to surrender to the wisdom and process of our glorious bodies, giving ourselves a little compassion for whatever is uncomfortable...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ok I am 20 and hate mY boobS. When I gOt pregnant with my daughter I was a 36 DD. After I had her I was at a 38 E. Then not long afterthat I was down to a 38 D. Now I am out growing my bra's. My boobs are saggy and I swear I have to lift my boobs to see my nipples. LOL But they are starting to look better at 7 weeks pregnant. Scared to see how big they will be at the end of my pregnancy.

Angela

1 - 10 of 10 Posts