Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<a href="http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070830_ac_boatbirth.84e93a24.html" target="_blank">http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori....84e93a24.html</a><br><br>
A couple of "huh?!" comments in there, but thought it was interesting and kinda cool!

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Bottles? what the heck. Sounds like something the author invented.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Just goes to show that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to catch a baby.<br>
Congrats to the baby's mama and what a fun birth story for the baby.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
holy moly...25 minutes of CPR!<br><br>
That must have been nerve wracking for that new mama.<br><br>
As for the fact babe was breech, I was born breech so...

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
if a shrimp boat driver can figure out how to deliver a breech baby vaginally in the middle of nowhere ya would think OB's would ahve no problem in a hospital!

·
Registered
24,726 Posts
The babe was a few weeks early also. Good job! When I heard this on the news, I heard that he worked on that baby for an hour. So the Apgar scores were 0/0 which is another reason not to cut the cord early. Although he was not breathing, he was getting O2 and important nutrients from his cord.<br><br>
Next time an OB tells you that they cannot deliver a breech, especially a footling breech as this one (!), remember this story and ask them why they did not learn how through all of the years they spent in medical school. Tell them you know a shrimp fisherman who learned quite quickly. He used common sense which is not so common apparently.<br><br>
Apparently most of us learn faster than medical students.

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
I wonder if the baby would have been safer had the captain NOT popped the baby's shoulders out, but rather waited for the shoulders to be pushed out with the next contraction.<br><br>
Also remember that just because there were friends waiting with bottles does NOT mean that the mother had any intention of using them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts