Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 36 week appointment today. Baby is due Dec. 15th. I know that he has been head down previously, but today the midwife checked, did an ultrasound to make sure, and apparently the baby is now breech. I have an external version scheduled for the day after Thanksgiving, if baby has not turned back by then.

Have any of you had personal experience with turning a breech baby? Or heard from others who have? What is the success rate? I would really like to avoid a C-section and would love some reassurance and links on turning a breech baby.

Update: Had 37 week appt. today. Baby has turned head down. The version was pushed back to Nov. 30th and we are still going in, just in case. Head down vibes and prayers are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
My second child was consistently breech until around week 37 - I had to do alot of hands/knees position with my butt elevated, and also lying upside down on a board that was propped against the couch. It worked, but you have to spend ALOT of time with butt in air! Be sure to have a stack of books nearby!
It can be normal at this point for a baby to be breech.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
My DD turned after I spent a week with my tush in the air. I put several pillows under my rear while lying on the floor, hooked my legs over the arm of the couch and stayed like that for 30 minutes at a time three times a day.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
there are lots of exercises you can do that will help to turn them naturally...i'll ask my mw at my next appt, next week (tuesday)...she did say that if my baby was breech and none of them worked that we'd have to do what you're talking about. she said that it was very uncomfortable/painful but that it is EXTREMELY effective and worth it. *hug* i hope your little one turns soon!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am 37 weeks with a breech baby. This is our first baby due on Dec. 6th. I have been trying pelvic tilts and butt in the air hand and knees positions. I don't think she's turned though we find out through ultrasound on Mon.. Tues. we have a ECV scheduled at the hospital that we have decided to cancel. Do your research. We've done ours and have decided against the violent procedure. If she's breech when I go into labor we will have a c-section otherwise I will deliver naturally. Search the previous threads on this site about ECV's. You'll find some interesting info. that I had not previously considered. Your baby still has plenty of time to turn and some turn in labor. Trust your body and most of all your child. That baby will know when to turn or know that he/she is supposed to be breech for a countless amount of different reasons.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There are some great chiropractic techniques out there that can help to turn a baby! Check out ICPA4kids.org on the web. There is a technique called the Webster technique that has had a lot of success with turning breech babies! You can chiro in you area on that website also! Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.