Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else working on turning their baby? We're 38 weeks and she's happy as a clam--an upside down clam.

I'm doing all the turning/spinning baby exercises and the Webster method at the Chiropractor. Last week she flopped completely over to my left side, and then she went sideways/transverse for a whole day. Of course, by the time we went back to the OB, she was back in her usual spot on the right side, head nestled next to my tummy.

I told the OB that we want to wait until 40 weeks before we start getting "aggressive," (i.e. doing the external version) because we've been planning a natural birth. I haven't tried the acupuncture/moxibustion technique yet...Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Same issue here, but looks like things are working.

I had 4 accupuncture treatments with moxibustion, and also did the moxi at home. Keep going to the chiro and think about trying another chiro as well. I have been seeing 1 chiro that does the webster, my regular chiro bi-weekly, and a chiro at the accupuncture place I went to. They all have different techniques, and I think that worked for me.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Mine was breech around 35 weeks and the turning/spinning exercises worked. Keep up with them and everything else that you are doing. I have read good things about the moxibustion technique and I would be willing to try it if mine was still upside down.

Good luck! Sending turning vibes to you and your little girl!
Also, I believe that talking to her and encouraging her to turn will help.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I would definitely look into the acupuncture. A good practitioner will also show you and your partner the pressure point to work on at home (the little toe on one foot, I think???). I've also heard of other tricks including doing handstands in a swimming pool, playing music down there, and putting a bag of frozen peas up by the breech baby's head.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My baby is transverse back down right now at 38 weeks. Been that way since 34 weeks. I have been doing moxa and spinning and breathing. To no avail. Doctor has scheduled a csection for next week. Still doing sonos to check position. If baby is head down when I go in for the csection, he will send me home though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Me me! My guy is still breech....I'm almost 36 weeks...did a week of knee-chest positioning at home...have had 4 Chiro sessions so far..and nothing. I thought he turned transverse one day, but like you...he was breech again by the time I got to the midwife. I see the chiro once more, and tomorrow the midwife is referring me for the external version. My chiro told me he has plenty of room to turn in there, but she thinks he may be too big to get himself turned on his own...so we'll see.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My stubborn little man...changed positions. His back was against my right side...now his back is against my left side...but he's still breech!!!! Little booger :) I have my version scheduled next Friday...but I have 3 more chiro appointments before then. TURN baby TURN!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our little girl has been playing quite the game with us too! She moved around quite a bit this week, but never head down. And, of course, within two hours of the ultrasound she slid right back into the position she was in last week. The doctor may think we're nuts. We're like, "realliy, she did move!"

I'm 39 weeks and am holding out until the last possible moment for the version. My doc recommends the c-section right after if it doesn't work or induction right after if it does. Neither is in our birth plan.

So, it's handstands in the pool, moxibustion at the accupuncturists, Webster at the chiro, and all the other tricks for another week. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Mama, anything is possible. I did all that and my midwife gave me pulsatilla as well. I am not sure of the dosage, but you can find it at Whole Foods.

I also had a nice long "talk" with dh about a lot of feelings I had been holding in. I think that really took a load off of me and maybe that helped. Do you feel like you have any unfinished business to settle with anyone?

Good Luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you're onto something with "unfinished business," because I'm definately a peson who likes to have official closure before moving on. My "due date" is four days before the semester ends, and I really wanted to finish up teaching before the baby arrives. There's also a freelance project I'm working on, and we just moved into our new place. I think the baby knows we're not quite ready.

I've had a date in my mind of November 19, which is exactly one week after my EDD. I'd love her to turn by this Friday (my next OB appt), so everyone concerned can relax. Part of me wants to hold off on everything I'm doing--moxi, chiro, exercises,etc. until then, but the other part wants to make sure I'm doing everything I can to get her to turn naturally.

I have a self-hypnosis baby-turning CD that states "we're ready for you to come at any time" and I feel like a hypocrite saying that (or even thinking it)! So, I modify it to "we'll be ready for you to come any time after the 19th, but please turn now so we can make sure to have a natural birth without unnecessary medical intervention and...blah blah blah." It gets a little cumbersome as you might imagine!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts