Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading about breech births and saw the thread about being breech, but how do you know if you dc is in a breech position? is this something i would be able to tell myself?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well, I can tell how baby is positioned by where I feel the kicks/punches. Kicks are stronger than little fist-jabs. Also, he gets the hiccups quite often, and that lets me know where his head is at.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I was also able to tell how my son was positioned...in fact, I knew the day that he turned head-down. Other mamas I've talked to haven't been able to tell.

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Also if you have a fetascope or stethoscope you can listen for the heartbeat. If it's low down and centered in late pregnancy, the baby is head-down.

·
Registered
24,729 Posts
Palipating - lay down on your back, the attendant feels the sides of your baby, and grabbing gently the top of the fundus, the attendant moves the top side to side alittle bit. If the whole baby's body moves, it is cephalic, head down; you are moving its butt and the whole body moves. If only the top moves, that is the head and neck moving, and your baby is presenting sacrum-or-feet first.<br><br>
This is the way your attendant knows aside from an ultrasound.<br><br>
I learned this is a midwifery class twenty years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts